Plummer Log Cabin
This cabin, owned by Joshua and Melvina Plummer, was located in Rosedale Township, near the northern border of Pere Marquette Park.
Joshua planted an apple orchard and farmed the hilly land with mules. Melvina tended White Leghorn chickens, canned fruit and vegetables, and raised eight children. By 1938, the Plummer family lived in a farmhouse and used the cabin as a smokehouse and as a place to make apple cider.
Louis Stumpe, Jr. bought the Plummer and Hagen cabins in the 1970s and relocated them to the family farm near McClusky in Jersey County. In 2014, Eveyln Stumpe and her family donated the cabins to the Historical Society. The Plummer cabin was moved to our grounds that summer and opened for tours that fall.
Jersey County Historical Society
601 N. State St.
Jerseyville, IL 62052