Genealogy Research Center
The Jersey County Historical Society’s extensive collection of records include:
- Jersey, Greene, and Calhoun County federal and state census records, some dating back to 1820
- Jersey, Greene, and Calhoun County marriage records. Here is a link to early Jersey County marriages that you may find helpful.
- Jersey County mortality schedules and death and funeral records
- A comprehensive list of Jersey County cemeteries and burial lists
- Jersey and Greene County historical narratives
- Jersey County plat books and atlases
- Thousands of family genealogy files organized by surname. These files may contain family trees, photos, and newspaper clippings from the 1800s and 1900s.
Historian and genealogist Lois Lock is quite knowledgeable about the histories of Jersey, Greene, and Calhoun Counties, and is familiar with the histories of many local families. For help in the search for your ancestors, contact Lois during our normal operating hours of:
Thursday: 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Friday and Saturday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
If you would like to visit the research center outside these hours, phone Lois at 618-498-3514 to schedule an appointment.
Branch out and share your family tree!
If you or your ancestors are from Jersey County, we’d love to add your family tree or family information to our files. To do so, please contact Lois using the information above.
Jersey County Historical Society
601 N. State St.
Jerseyville, IL 62052